Sunday, January 8, 2012

It's All About High Fashion HSN

You guys should do yourself a favor and watch this funny spoof Italian Vogue did for telesales programs.


I remember back in ze olden days (I'm a 90's kid btw) watching and ooh-ing and ahhh-ing to Home Shopping Network's innovative and sometimes, tacky products they sell. From knives, to blenders to facial products, I never get bored watching it over and over and over again. Whenever I get bored with Dora and Spongebob on Nickelodeon or Barbie on Cartoon Network (haters to da left please!), I confide in this now defunct channel to watch all the amazingness. Heck, I love the feeling of seeing the "cutting-edge" products and their "WAIT, THERE'S MORE!" and "IF YOU CALL NOW WE'LL BE ADDING A LIMITED EDITION ARIZONA MUSE IN VERSACE S/S2012 DOLL FOR FREE!" shenanigans. I sometimes even lock my doors and pretend to be one of them hosts, you know :)

Never to shy away from controversial shoots, (oh why hello there Ms. Kloss!) Vogue Italia is sure to make rounds again, in a good way of course, with this hilarious editorial. I love how they proved fashion is sometimes not meant to be taken seriously, that behind the nonchalance the models exude, they can still do some high-fashion comedy. Shot by Steven Meisel and modelled by Karlie Kloss, Natasha Poly, Sigrid Agren, Joan Smalls, Caroline Trentini, Daria Strokous and Gertrud Hegelund, the editorial satirizes home shopping networks complete with its faux telephone numbers, hosts, prices and deadlines. I applaud the creative and fashion geniuses behind the ubiquitous fashion magazine for its clever concept. Brava.

What I loooove!
1. Gucci's art deco-flapper dresses. 
2.the faux commentators are doing an AH-MAYZEENG job.
3. Natasha Poly in that makeover scene wearing the plastic trench coat from Dolce and Gabbana
4.Joan Smalls and Caroline Trentini werking them shapeless- colorblocking dresses.
5.Ummm, Balenciaga? AVAILABLE IN ALL SIZES?
6. powerhouse cast! All my fave models! Poly! Strokous! Smalls!
7. the background music's flawlessness and grooviness.(ok?)
8. Brayanboy-is-dat-chu moment in the Louis Vuitton part.
















 
photos via Vogue.it

No comments:

Post a Comment